• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

still no badgers (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
after four years of birding and nature watching i still have yet to see a live badger.i live in south norfolk which has some good local habitat, ie large woods,mixed farmland.i imagine badger pursicution was quite active in these parts and maybe still is.anyone seen any in norfolk,matt

ps,please do not be tempted to post site details information over the forum.

save the world
theres no birds,heavy metal or fish and chip shops on mars

matt green said:
after four years of birding and nature watching i still have yet to see a live badger.i live in south norfolk which has some good local habitat, ie large woods,mixed farmland.i imagine badger pursicution was quite active in these parts and maybe still is.anyone seen any in norfolk,matt

ps,please do not be tempted to post site details information over the forum.

save the world
theres no birds,heavy metal or fish and chip shops on mars
HI MATT, Try looking in suffolk we are over run with them in our area.
Regards derekjake.

Why not get in touch with your local badger group? They are always willing to help folk who are genuinely interested in seeing badgers. The National Federation of Badger Groups will be able to help you with the address.

http://www.nfbg.org.uk/

I've been obsessed with wildlife all my life (I'm 37 now) but I didn't see my first wild badger until 2002! Just a brief glimpse of it's back as he was going through a woodland copse but it had me absolutely hyper for the rest of the evening!!! ;)
Then in May 2004 I went along to an organised badger watch run by the Natural History Society of Northumbria and saw a mother & her cub and an enormous boar...though, apparently, he was one of the previous years' young so was not yet fully grown! :eek!:

Perhaps get in touch with your local Wildlife Trust too - most of them have their own Badger/Mammal Groups.

Good luck with seeing your first badgers...they really are super animals.

GILL

many thanks for the above information derekjake and gill,the suffolk border is quite close to me here so maybe i'll check out some likely spots when i'm next owling in the waverney valley.matt

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back