View Single Post
Old Monday 14th November 2016, 16:27   #54
nikonmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalat View Post
I would probably be rather close to your type of use of cameras rather than to those who spend a day to get the perfect shot of a common bird. However, I'm probably much less demanding, as I'm coming from the other end, using currently a bridge and just wanting to get better photos of more birds.

Regarding speed, I totally see your point, it's because of speed that I loose most opportunities. The bridge takes 2 seconds or more to power up, another second to zoom out, and then the autofocus takes time to lock. Autofocus time has been discussed above, zooming out shouldn't be a problem with lenses with manual zoom, but what about the start up time? Do DSRLs also have an advantage here over the latest M4/3 cameras?

Here in Swtzerland, it's also raining pretty often unfortunately, so I think weather sealing would nice to have both here or in the tropics (but I could live with unsealed gear I think). Difference in the tropics is more the air humidity than the frequency of rains, and for air humidity, there is no difference in use but in storage of the gear
We get just a little rain in the uk,it doesn't help image quality
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30754350566_87ed7f24d3_o.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	605508