• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Hunting Party (1 Viewer)

Scribbler

Roger Gregory
Hello everyone,

I have just completed my first acyrlic painting of Goosander that visited my town in January. I would appreciate your feedback, I am self taught and I am trying to develop my style.

Thanks

Roger.

Attachments

• gosander low res.jpg
    gosander low res.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 110
Hello everyone,

I have just completed my first acyrlic painting of Goosander that visited my town in January. I would appreciate your feedback, I am self taught and I am trying to develop my style.

Thanks

Roger.

Wow- I nearly spilled my coffee when I saw the thumbnail. Brilliant dynamic colours and style.

On opening it up, one thought occurs- there's quite a noticeable difference between the technique in the water and birds beaks (clean and gleaming colours, clearly demarcated) and the fish (more blended colour, less gleaming).

Great stuff.

this is an excellent vibrant piece, very inspiring, welcome to birdforum btw, hope to see plenty more from you.

Outstanding piece of work, Roger - fabulous design, zinging colours - brilliant. I see Ed's point, too - is this slight shift in style due to the change in subject, or are we reading the image wrongly? For what it's worth, I like the contrast and it also shows your ability to work different techniques together.
Look forward to seeing more from you.

Firstly Welcome to this thread of BF....The Painting, Brillient,bright, and striking comes readily to mind,and reminds me of a type of Poster for some reason......but very bold colours and works well....Not a style I ve seen here before..... As Tim has already said, Be interested to see more.

The vibrancy of the colour and the dynamism and drama of the composition certainly make for an impactful whole and an individual style. It's always exciting to see wildlife art taken in new directions. I'll be interested to see more.

Mike

Thanks all for your supportive comments, yes, Tim there is a distinct shift between the subject and the background, for me it aided the oveall composition. I am presently working on a 60 x 80 canvas, so it will take a few weeks before completion.Thanks again for your support, I wont throw my paints in the bin!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back