• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta 8x32 (1 Viewer)

If you had the patience to put on a strap in all your new binoculars, Frank, you would not be dropping them so much and having to test the service department of all brands, Frank. ;)

Yeah, but if I do that Tero then I cannot advertise ".....accessories like new...neckstrap never out of the package....'' when I list them up on .bay. ;)

Speaking of which, the SPs are headed that way shortly.

:)

A recent email I received from Meopta indicated that the first shipment of 8x32s were sent to the States in July. However, I don't know of any retailers with any in stock as of yet. These bins have been advertised for many months, and with their impressive specs, one has to wonder if Meopta is attempting to milk as much hype as possible!

I only recently had an opportunity to view a Meopta 8x42. I was impressed, indeed. The image was superb and the build quality excellent. A bit heavy, however.

I lust for a Leica 8x32 HD, but at nearly $2000, this glass will likely not be in my stable anytime soon. I remember that it wasn't all that long ago when shelling out $1000 for upper echelon glass was considered steep. Then again, it wasn't long ago when $3 gas was considered outrageous here in the States, too.

Last edited:
Jaeger,

A little birdie told me the first shipment is here in the states and should be at several retailers shortly. I am hoping to see them at the local Cabelas retail outlet as they are now listed in their Optics catalog at $800.

I am working on it. My initial source dried up but I am in the process of trying to get my hands on one from another reliable source. ;-)

Has anyone had a chance to see or try the Meostart 8x32 yet? In the UK Sherwoods are now showing them on their website. The specs are FOV 138m, close focus 1.7m, weight 598g. Price £545. That all sounds rather impressive.

For some reason they do not appear to be listed yet on Meopta's website.

Ron

I know of one person who has had a chance to wrap his hands around them....no, it isn't me though I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity.

;)

Meopta 8x32 IN STOCK!

According to Eagle Optics and Cabelas websites, this long-awaited model is now available.

It could be a near equivalent of an 8x30 SLC, BUT with the focus knob in the conventional location - that would be a really tempting model at $800.

APS

Tero,

It looks like I am going to get to evaluate one some time in the next two weeks.

I cannot wait. This should be a wonderful little model by all accounts. The problem though is that if I like it and eventually want to buy one then I am going to have to sell the Zeiss FL.

;-)

Tero: Last time I checked BH had a second hand Kowa BD 8x32 Binocular for $289 ...

That Meopta looks interesting. Anyone going to jump on that one? FrankD, perhaps? Though he is cutting back ;)

EDIT: Ah, I see Frank is interested!

An associate for a well known optics retailer here in the States very recently offered me an opinion of the Meopta 8x32: Fantastic ergonomics, but less than stellar optics. According to the associate, the Pentax ED offers better optics for about the same money.

Of course, opinions can vary widely, however, I have often concurred with this particular retailer's opinions over the years.

I'll likely take a peek through the little Meoptas soon. It is, however, rather disappointing to learn that it is quite likely not up to expectation.

Last edited:
According to the associate, the Pentax ED offers better optics for about the same money.

Of course, opinions can vary widely, however, I have often concurred with this particular retailer's opinions over the years.

I'll likely take a peek through the little Meoptas soon. It is, however, rather disappointing to learn that it is quite likely not up to expectation.
Guess that doesn't hurt my feelings too much. I was looking forward to the Meoptas, and had thought that I might sell my Pentax 8x32 DCF EDs to help finance that purchase...but the more I use them, the more I like them(plus I got a new strap and rainguard for them just yesterday!).

Based on the 10x42, I thought perhaps the Meopta would offer a flatter field at the expense of a little center sharpness, and hopefully have the same level of contrast, even if there was more CA. The Meoptas also seemed to have better brightness and contrast when looking into heavily wooded areas. I'd still like to try the 8x32. "Better" might be a relative thing, after all.

J am owner the Celestrona the Noble 8x42 and such there different. I in frames upgreatu of my binoculars decided to buy something : better , smaller, from larger field of sight but without exaggeration with price . Arduous were search and not easy . It on end set on new Votrexa Fury6,5 x32 or 8x32 , rather in side 6,5 x32 with attention on probably larger depth of sharpness . The decision set almost when it turned out ,that the Vortexy are not such small at all ( they are almost how the monarchs 8x42 , they are "plastic" how the majority of binoculars from this shelf and their price level shows on quality the same what my Noble) . In principle nobody apart from "three" and Nikon has not product 8x32 from angle of sight 8' . It turned out then ,that Meopta begins production 8x32 and , that I had to deal with with her with larger products this very interesting gave. Decision take OK and I bought her.
And what ..., very small binoculars and very shapely , outside appearance and finish three classes better from Noble czy Monacha , completely different shelf , solid metal body. Optical properties : the very wide field of sight , almost 8' that is 139m, as I for comparison looking through Noble 6,5' this so as would look it pushes from key the little hole , and graphically by 6,5' to be visible in building two windows near and near 8' three windows in field of sight , then it gives to thinking. Sharpness OK , star OK. It is very bright , tested in two person when darkness time porro Berkut 7x50, Noble 8x42 and Meopta 8x32 and Berkut came off first ,we could not decide with :Noble or Meoptą so near this 32mm with optical efficiency has to be Ok and necessity of pulling block 42mm under sign question stands up. Eye relief is 15 mm ,that the whole field of sight in glasses hugs calmly so OK , moreover sie do not create no faint lights and circles . The aberation on edges minimum , smaller a lot of than in Noble . Meopta is devoid dispensation what almost it is super , Noble unfortunately not . So the most important np. for birders, the once put sharpness, has the great great depth of sharpness and the end of rotating, all so from 18m to sharp infinities , in Noble unfortunately not , we should screw tight and this pisses off . The knob of sharpness walks heavily and whole has required 3 turns on passage for 1,8 m to infinity OK and it irritated a bit me this but this better in field test turned out than the same from Noble ( it walks lightly and it has only 1,25 turn ). You in Meopcie sharpness set only once and end , alone you oneself it will not turn with case , and this knob is very precise and you catch sharpness more quickly than in Noble, interesting . Painting ..., I had not from binoculars the special comparative contact with "three" but if someone writes that the binoculars like Noble have the painting little running away this it passes with truth probably , the Meopta is not with this three but the painting from Noble is beeeeter , which I was satisfied near direct comparison so far very it seems to be how dull and dont show the three - dimensionality the and value of objects , in total heavily this to to describe but after looking by Meoptę , the considerable want leaves the Noble....
Then so many with first impressions

J am owner the Celestron the Noble 8x42 and such there different. I in frames upgreatu of my binoculars decided to buy something : better , smaller, from larger field of sight but without exaggeration with price . Arduous were search and not easy . It on end set on new Votrexa Fury6,5 x32 or 8x32 , rather in side 6,5 x32 with attention on probably larger depth of sharpness . The decision set almost when it turned out ,that the Vortexy are not such small at all ( they are almost how the monarchs 8x42 , they are "plastic" how the majority of binoculars from this shelf and their price level shows on quality the same what my Noble) . In principle nobody apart from "three" and Nikon has not product 8x32 from angle of sight 8' . It turned out then ,that Meopta begins production 8x32 and , that I had to deal with with her with larger products this very interesting gave. Decision take OK and I bought her.
And what ..., very small binoculars and very shapely , outside appearance and finish three classes better from Noble czy Monacha , completely different shelf , solid metal body. Optical properties : the very wide field of sight , almost 8' that is 139m, as I for comparison looking through Noble 6,5' this so as would look it pushes from key the little hole , and graphically by 6,5' to be visible in building two windows near and near 8' three windows in field of sight , then it gives to thinking. Sharpness OK , star OK. It is very bright , tested in two person when darkness time porro Berkut 7x50, Noble 8x42 and Meopta 8x32 and Berkut came off first ,we could not decide with :Noble or Meoptą so near this 32mm with optical efficiency has to be Ok and necessity of pulling block 42mm under sign question stands up. Eye relief is 15 mm ,that the whole field of sight in glasses hugs calmly so OK , moreover sie do not create no faint lights and circles . The aberation on edges minimum , smaller a lot of than in Noble . Meopta is devoid dispensation what almost it is super , Noble unfortunately not . So the most important np. for birders, the once put sharpness, has the great great depth of sharpness and the end of rotating, all so from 18m to sharp infinities , in Noble unfortunately not , we should screw tight and this pisses off . The knob of sharpness walks heavily and whole has required 3 turns on passage for 1,8 m to infinity OK and it irritated a bit me this but this better in field test turned out than the same from Noble ( it walks lightly and it has only 1,25 turn ). You in Meopcie sharpness set only once and end , alone you oneself it will not turn with case , and this knob is very precise and you catch sharpness more quickly than in Noble, interesting . Painting ..., I had not from binoculars the special comparative contact with "three" but if someone writes that the binoculars like Noble have the painting little running away this it passes with truth probably , the Meopta is not with this three but the painting from Noble is beeeeter , which I was satisfied near direct comparison so far very it seems to be how dull and dont show the three - dimensionality the and value of objects , in total heavily this to to describe but after looking by Meoptę , the considerable want leaves the Noble....
Then so many with first impressions

Cabela's now lists a 10x32 version as one of their Euro models, at $50 less than the 8x32.
It has a 375ft FOV!

Yes Owen, I saw that too. Pretty impressive. I am still waiting for the local Cabelas to get either of the 32 mm models in.

My Cabelas does not get anything like that. It is a smaller store in a mall. They do have a couple of alpha brands. The Cabelas brands are the Alaskan Guides only.

Still waiting on a chance to check these out, so obviously these are not my pics. I found them on an ebay auction.

Attachments

• 6c4e_12.jpg
    6c4e_12.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 68b4_12.jpg
    68b4_12.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 6574_12.jpg
    6574_12.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 173
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back