• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (2 Viewers)

Thankyou all. It looks a bit more promising this time.
The Goldfinches in the rain was sold before it got on the wall so it had to be replaced.That gave a chance for the Covey of Grey Partridges

Thankyou all. It looks a bit more promising this time.
The Goldfinches in the rain was sold before it got on the wall so it had to be replaced.That gave a chance for the Covey of Grey Partridges

Very best wishes with this- I do like the way pictures gathered together have an added impact.

Superb Veiws of Beardies from Bishop's Hide Cley marshes Yesterday

Attachments

• L1180402.jpg
    L1180402.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 64
  • L1180405.jpg
    L1180405.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 45
  • L1180409.jpg
    L1180409.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 63
Beautiful little birds Arthur, a great opportunity that you've made the most of with these wonderful sketches.

Mike

lively sketches,

I always wonder when you guys on that side of the pond mention hides, I don't think I've ever seen one here, at any of our bird places, even in the parks....I wonder why.....what are they like?

Hi Colleen, somewhere to watch the birds with min. disturbance.
I personaly prefer outside 360 degree veiw.

Bringing the beardies on

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 52
  • L1180415.jpg
    L1180415.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 51
so does that mean it can be anything, tent building etc. those are really cool in the pic......

I was thinking it was something like the duck hunters use to hide from the ducks so they can shoot them without being seen, which seems a bit unsportman-like to me...if you are going to shoot an unarmed target, at least give it a chance to see you. And I'm not apologizing to any hunters, I know you have your own view, and tho not one I support, I know we have common cause to keep the birds and the environment healthy.

so they do sometimes give themselves up to be sketched! Glad you managed to make the most of them, they're so full of character, I'd love to fill a few pages with them myself.

good work Arthur, some interesting textures too, water looks like watercolor sort of and the bird pencil....what media and size?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back