• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

horseshoe pond new hampshire (1 Viewer)

leewee

new hampshire birder/photographer
hi this is my first post...nice to meet you all...

i was working two jobs today and had a free half hour between jobs so i hit my local bird spot...

in a fresh mowed field i saw a concentration of crows and gulls and curiously what appeared to be a perigren facon going at the crows really agressive...landing in the field, then cruising over the water at the pond, landing in the trees and doing it again...so as i went in for a close look i noticed that there were 25 killdeer, and a pectoral sandpiper, also some sparrows, savanna?
also...on the pond a good show by a great blue heron, some canada geese hiding in vegitation, a wood duck came by then flew off, and a very good look at a spotted sandpiper walking across the dense lillypads and shaking his butt...
also a fly by of a shore bird that looked most like a black bellied plover but it was a quick look and it was between plume... so that was my quick day so nice to be out surounded by birds in the breife time i had outdoors today...

enjoy, lee

thanks for the welcome guys, you will be seeing me around...
good birding and all other things good as well...lee

Welcome lee, Glad you found this site! Lots of friendly birders here. Loads of great info, enjoy yourself, this site is addictive!

Sounds like a super 1/2 hour to me, great birds!

Welcome to the Forum Lee. Sounds like you had just the kind of break needed between two jobs. Looking forward to hearing more about the birds in your area.
Becky

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back