• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scott's Poisoning Birds, for years! (1 Viewer)

The company's corporate directors should see jail time in my opinion, but won't. They will receive something less than a slap on the rest. No surprise there.

Thanks for bring this to our attention.

We used to use there products! Never again! I can't believe it, the penalty should have been much more severe!!!
Astonishing!
This thread needs to be kept live.
Scott's Miracle Grow knowingly added poison to their birdfeed. The 4 million fine is nothing to a multination.
Consumers should effect punisment by an on-going boycott for as long as this vile company exists.

When I saw the title of the thread, I was prepared to see an overblown sensationalist story. But I was wrong, having read the article, I can't see how it could be described in any other way than knowing poisoning! And that needs to be known by every bird lover.

The pesticide laced bird seed was sold from 2005 to 2008, 13 years ago. The fines totalled $12.5m and the manger responsible for the cover up was imprisoned for 3 months. There was a later class action case that Scott's settled for $85m.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back