• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hungary Trip in June (1 Viewer)

Well, I made my second visit to Farm Lator and recently returned on 21st June. Graham, Sam and I received the usual warm welcome and advice from Rob de Jong and enjoyed a butterfly tour led by Rob. No soaking this time as the weather was dry and hot...very hot, although a little cooler than during the previous week I'm told. Trips included the Halasto Ponds, Hortobagy and Little Hortobagy. One of the days on the Little Hortobagy proved to be the highlight of the trip. Sightings each day bar one of Eastern Imperial Eagle ( a pair on one occasion and on the evening of arrival an Imperial Eagle being harassed by a Goshawk) from the grounds of Farm Lator and Middle Spotted Woodpecker and Hawfinch in the garden.

The trip started with a short city stopover in Budapest where we stayed for two nights in the Hotel Burg, Buda. Very well situated with friendly helpful staff and not expensive. A great city.

Will there be a third visit? Well you never know. A report with images is appearing on my blog in seven parts with the first four parts up now.

Thanks to all who made this another wonderful trip.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back