• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dead bird Ontario canada (1 Viewer)

simongodfrey

Date unknown, southern Ontario. I posted this before with other photos but nobody answered for this one

Attachments

• received_477922595938233.jpg
    received_477922595938233.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 130
do you have size? that would help, it is a bit battered! i'm only flicking through pics as you could.
is that yellow on it or a paler breast or photo artifact? you dont get young eurasian blackbirds there do you except as vagrants, or fieldfare. eyebrowed thrush?
i would go for fieldfare if that is paler breast and size is right
have you tried natural history museum or a nearby uni for help?
how did it get found/where etc? taxidermy?

do you have size? that would help, it is a bit battered! i'm only flicking through pics as you could.
is that yellow on it or a paler breast or photo artifact? you dont get young eurasian blackbirds there do you except as vagrants, or fieldfare. eyebrowed thrush?
i would go for fieldfare if that is paler breast and size is right
have you tried natural history museum or a nearby uni for help?
how did it get found/where etc? taxidermy?

Thanks for your thoughts. A friend has bird, this is only photo they sent me so I know just as much about it as you see here....

Looks like one of the warblers or vireos. Bill seems too large for a warbler, but doesn't have the hook of a vireo... Perhaps bill looks larger because it's opened a bit?

If it's one of the warblers, my best guess would be Black-throated Green.

Thanks for your thoughts. A friend has bird, this is only photo they sent me so I know just as much about it as you see here....

in that case tell them it is a rare 'avis niger daemonus' or subspecies 'diabolica' going by the extra set of bat-like wings

While I understand the thrush impression, if that's a teabag the bird must be tiny! (or teabags are an implausible amount bigger in Canada?!?) I'd go for (New World) warbler sp, but no idea about whether it can be got down to species...

While I understand the thrush impression, if that's a teabag the bird must be tiny! (or teabags are an implausible amount bigger in Canada?!?) I'd go for (New World) warbler sp, but no idea about whether it can be got down to species...

yes that is a tea bag, normal size haha. thanks, will attempt to get more photos from friend in near future

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back