• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black Habicht 8x30 w/ Green Rubber Eyecups (1 Viewer)

proudpapa56

Where'd you go, stay put!
United States
Well, to make a binocular fashion statement, decided to see how a set of green rubber eyecups would work on a black Habicht 8x30.
First, they weren't as hard to come by, by themselves, as thought. Swarovski North America actually keeps them in stock.
They add about 1mm, maybe 2, to the eye relief. So 12mm to maybe 14mm.
The big difference is the diameter.
So for me, the eye relief wasn't an issue to start with, but the extra mm or 2 did seem to be an improvement.
However, the bigger diameter and green rubber made a very big difference in how they matched / met with my eye socket / brow. Much more comfortable.
Bottom line, the green eyecups are staying.

My apologies for my camera seeming to make them look rather dusty. They really are taken better care of.

Attachments

• DSC_2104.jpg
    DSC_2104.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC_2102.jpg
    DSC_2102.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 419
  • DSC_2101.jpg
    DSC_2101.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I thought someone might ask that and actually don't know. As with much of their smaller replacement stuff, they didn't charge me. I'll find out on Monday and post.

Good to know that the eyecups are available. I have a green rubber armored 8x30 that might need them one day....

What a gorgeous design the Habicht's have. Really well made. I can't believe there are more beautiful bins in the market available.

OK, these are not priced. They are a warranty item and can't be purchased. They were just nice enough to send me a pair.

OK, these are not priced. They are a warranty item and can't be purchased. They were just nice enough to send me a pair.

PP56,

Thanks for resurrecting this eye cup swap out subject! Switched my 10x40 W GA eye cups to my Habicht 8x30 W's and as I've read before and you confirmed, they make for a considerable increase in eye placement comfort and assist in gaining an easier sight picture (my personal issue with the 8x30). My pics are HERE! :t:

Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back