• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do I use the Victory HT case? (1 Viewer)

Mark9473

Belgium
I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but could anybody tell or show me how one uses the Victory HT 10x42 case? I can't seem to fit the binoculars with the strap attached into the case. Where/how do I tuck away the strap?

For myself, I use the case that comes with a quality bino for something else. In some circumstances it can be risky to store optical instruments in a case that may condense or trap moisture inside, and in all instances a case will render them quickly inaccessible.

Thanks for the interesting idea.
Before giving up on the case, I might try a neck strap that isn't as thick and stiff.

Last edited:
Perhaps there aren't as many HT users here as I would have thought... Is your case cordura with a snap lock on the front, as Google images suggest? If so (as with many other such) the strap may be meant to remain outside, so you can carry that way -- although if it's the right length for a neckstrap it can only go over one shoulder, and not diagonally as one might like. For that some people attach a second longer strap to the case. No solution seems right for everyone. If you describe what you want to do, perhaps someone can suggest a different case or strap. (For example, a Rick Young harness is very comfortable, yet just a bit of nylon cord that would easily tuck into a case.)

I just wrapped the strap around the hinge so over the focuser and down to the end of the hinge then back up the underside or back of the bino and then folded the strap back on itself so the bulk of it was inside the V of the bino, up against the back of the hinge. Then pushed the bino into the case and closed the lid. Done the same with most binos.

Lee

Lee, am I right that this means you don't have the objective caps installed, nor the eyepiece caps?
What you describe works fine for my Vixen 8x42, but not for the Zeiss HT 10x42.

Lee, am I right that this means you don't have the objective caps installed, nor the eyepiece caps?
What you describe works fine for my Vixen 8x42, but not for the Zeiss HT 10x42.

Hi Mark

I always have the eyepiece cover / rainguard fitted but have never used objective covers.

Lee

This may be obvious, but I recall with the similar case for my Conquest HD, the snap-buckle strap was adjustable, which I had to do when putting them in the case with the eyecups fully out and the rainguard on.

Now I'm having a similar problem trying to fit my replacement SF into the snazzy hard-case that they come with.

I had to google snap-buckle strap, but the HT hasn't got one of those.

sorry, my note wasn't very clear :)

I can see it in the picture you posted: the black plastic click/snap buckle that holds the top flap closed.

On the Conquest cordura case, the strap part, i.e. the bit connecting the black plastic buckle to the case itself, is adjustable.

It is, it's just not relevant to the question I asked.

ah sorry again, I had assumed that by loosening that adjustment, you'd then be able to fit it all into the case.

It's what I had to do, to fit my Conquest into their case, with strap, and with eyecups extended.

No, my problem is that the binocular with strap wrapped around it doesn't easily go into the case without fumbling about for a minute, and the same in taking it out.

Late to the game but...
I only used my HT case for a few days before ordering an Alaska Guide Creations binocular case/harness replacement.
It has more room, better protection, and is far more versatile.
All my binoculars get a new AGC case when purchased.

Thanks guys. There's a very good image of it on Allbinos:
https://www.allbinos.com/lornetki_image/2771_zei10x42ht_4.jpg
It's a cordura case with an imitation leather cap that fits snugly over it. The cap has sides so if the binocular straps are coming out then it won't close properly.
James, if I understood correctly that you're using it with the binocular strap coming out, then I'm curious how you do it.

The strap will fit through the side openings when closed with no problem.

I just wrapped the strap around the hinge so over the focuser and down to the end of the hinge then back up the underside or back of the bino and then folded the strap back on itself so the bulk of it was inside the V of the bino, up against the back of the hinge. Then pushed the bino into the case and closed the lid. Done the same with most binos.

Lee

I do the same with mine, which have the same serial number as Lee's... !

It is a very quick process after you have done it the first couple of times. But as you say it means I don't have the objective covers on usually, and if I do they have to go in my pocket if I take them off, as I don't like them dangling from the strap like somebody stuck on a zip-wire.

Great binoculars too.

Tom

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back