• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Report images in the Gallery with the wrong scientific name (3 Viewers)

Gray-cheeked Parakeet Brotogeris pyrrhopterus -> pyrrhoptera
Golden-winged Parakeet Brotogeris chrysopterus -> chrysoptera
Lilac-tailed Parrotlet Touit batavica -> batavicus
Blue-fronted Parrotlet Touit dilectissima -> dilectissimus
Sapphire-rumped Parrotlet Touit purpuratus -> purpurata
Golden-tailed Parrotlet Touit surda > surdus
Black-headed Parrot Pionites melanocephala -> melancocephalus

André

PS Not all of them have pictures, but it's much more easier for me to just list all changes.

Last edited:
Gray-cheeked Parakeet Brotogeris pyrrhopterus -> pyrrhoptera
Golden-winged Parakeet Brotogeris chrysopterus -> chrysoptera
Lilac-tailed Parrotlet Touit batavica -> batavicus
Blue-fronted Parrotlet Touit dilectissima -> dilectissimus
Sapphire-rumped Parrotlet Touit purpuratus -> purpurata
Golden-tailed Parrotlet Touit surda > surdus
Black-headed Parrot Pionites melanocephala -> melancocephalus

André

PS Not all of them have pictures, but it's much more easier for me to just list all changes.

Done :t:

http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=157697 should have only Lepidocolaptes falcinellus in the field for scientific name. Ideally, squamatus should be completely deleted from the text, as that would make the search for Scaled Woodcreeper more specific, but I assume that cannot be done ;)

http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/211330/limit/recent should have Scalloped Woodcreeper as common name. (I have also made a comment, so maybe it will happen by the author? )

Cheers
Niels

The Eastern and Western Bonelli's Warblers need sorting out and I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge to know what's what in order to correct it.

Gallery search for 'Western' brings up Bonelli's, Western and Eastern.

The 'Eastern' search is OK but there's only two pictures come up.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back