• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is there a UK Checklist book out there? (1 Viewer)

Chilt

Just wondering if there’s a checklist book for birdies out there, like ones where you tick the name or something?

Thanks
Chilt

Hi Chilt

I went online and copied an alphabetical list of UK birds, and then pasted that into a spreadsheet (MS Excel). I then used a formula at the bottom of the next column which adds up everything above it. When I "tick" a bird, I put a '1' in that column, and the total is automatically calculated. It's also easy to insert other bird names as you go. If you have Excel, happy to give you a copy. It can be adapted to show yearly totals etc - I use it mainly as a Life Tick recorder.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Muso, if you want to use a "tick" symbol instead of the 1, change the next column font to wing dings2 as there is a tick symbol available by pressing shift-p, then just change your formula to countA instead of count.
Cheers
Mal

The RSPB / BOU produces an A6 Field / Checklist book for about £1. You can get it on line or at an RSPB reserve.

Hi Muso, if you want to use a "tick" symbol instead of the 1, change the next column font to wing dings2 as there is a tick symbol available by pressing shift-p, then just change your formula to countA instead of count.
Cheers
Mal

Cheers Mal :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back