• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replacing rubber armor/armour of Trinovid 10x42 BA (1 Viewer)

Megaloblatta

I have owned a pair of 10x42 Trinovid BA's for 25 years and they have been on trips all around the world with me. They are still in perfect optical and mechanical condition, and although they look pretty good cosmetically there are three 'problems' which I would ideally like to have restored (see attached photo). Problem 1 is cracking to the window of the diopter knob, and problems 2 and 3 are wear to the two metal 'labels' on the rubber armor. I presume that spare 'labels' are probably not available so the whole of the rubber armor would have to be replaced.. Does anyone know anyone (preferably in the UK) who could rectify these problems - e.g. replace the armor and diopter knob cap? Also, any idea how much this might cost? Thanks!

Attachments

• TrinovidDamage.jpg
    TrinovidDamage.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 122
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back