• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

mysterious swallow. NW Poland 26.11.2014 (2 Viewers)

Ryszard,

Perhaps I am mistaken but it appears to me that you are thinking that the images in the original post are neither 1 or 2 but rather fit a Pale Crag Martin from your posts #20 and # 21.

Some members have put forward the suggestions it is a House Martin but due to the poor quality of the images provided a safe identification is not possible. So any further debate is unlikely to produce a result here on Birdforum.

Why not submit a description to the Polish Birds Record Committee for their thoughts and decision?

Good luck.

P

Last edited:
On the day I took the pictures I informed the appropriate people. It was decided that the photos are too weak and this is House Martin (possible Eastern Hause Martin). In 2014 I had much less knowledge about birds than now. Looking through the pictures again, I saw that picture # 1 does not match House Martin, so I decided to ask a larger group of people again. I will not send pictures to PBRC because the pictures do not allow to mark the species. They are not useful. That is why in post no. 1 I asked only if two species could be excluded. I asked because I saw that the bird in picture 1 has the feature that excludes House Martin. This feature was presented in post No. 14. Thank you for all the help on Birdforum. Even people who see white eyes in the pictures although it would be enough to normally write that the photos are not useful;)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back