• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys (1 Viewer)

Loch Garten Blog updated.Still no sign of Henry and "fish suppers" are few and far between.Not a great start to their season,Im afraid.

Tiger_mz said:
EJ now has two eggs.

was at the centre yesterday (Saturday) around 3.30pm.
The pair had mated again just before the second egg was laid at 1145.
orange vs had brought EJ an early morning rainbow trout from the fish farm.

If Henry arrives in the next week or so expect some trouble but I'm losing hope now that we won't see him this year and unfortunately we will be relying on orange vs to be a reasonable mate and father.
Too much to hope |:x| ? - probably.

Paul

About an hour ago I checked the cam and saw two birds stood on the nest with no eggs in sight. The male looked very much like Henry. Now it looks as though EJ is incubating again. Whether she has found an egg I do not know, but something is happening up there all right.

Last edited:
Yes it seems like Henry is back.

Oh it is so great that Henry is back. When will that EJ ever learn that Henry does not like adultry!

Last edited:
Tiger_mz said:
When will that EJ ever learn that Henry does not like adultery!

When he bucks his ideas up, gets his wings in a flapping and gets back on time :-O

Last edited:
Great news if Henry is definately back!!

If EJ lays a third egg do you think Henry will accept it as his?
Can she lay another clutch of 3 eggs or is this unlikely?

Paul

She did not do it in 2005 when this last happened. In fact she really sulked and disappeared for nine days.

Henry had to go and bring her back.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back