• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just moved....... (1 Viewer)

mbrtopaz

Hello every one i have just moved to Sufolk due to work commitments. Basically was wondering werw some of the best birding spots were near Stowmarket, with the obvious exception of Minsmere. I have already sampled the joys of Trimley marshes and the area around Levington Marina. i have also ventured up to Lackford lakes, but am hoping for somewhere a little closer to home. Any suggestions gladly recieved. Thankyou ..............

Hi,welcome to BF.Cannot help with your local birding spots,but I am sure someone will come along who is local to your area.Enjoy BF.

Hello mbrtopaz and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum.

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello to us all.

Hi mbrtopaz, welcome to birdforum and welcome to Suffolk.
I'm just down the road from you in Ipswich. Don't know the rest of suffolk well but I regularly walk the south bank of the Orwell, as well as occasional trips to Trimley etc., and i can highly recommend it, particularly in winter. Access can be a bit tricky if you don't know the area, PM me if you want details or fancy meeting up.

All the best
Mark

PS. 7 or 8 Slavonian grebes on the river just above Orwell Bridge for the last two weeks. Might still be there. Go at high tide.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back