• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

Great news about the book launch, Tim. I'll hopefully be taking delivery for Xmas - so I can sit and browse through it when the turkey and xmas pud is digesting.
Looking forward to more of your work.

Russ

Dropping by to congratulate you on the publishing of your book, must feel wonderful! It looks and sounds magnificent from what I saw and read in your blog! :t:

Still waiting for mine......if it's not here by the time I get home from work at 1.30pm tomorrow I will be popping around to the sorting office and telling the lazy bugge...errr chaps and chapesses to pull their fingers out and get my books to me! Still waiting for a couple of other wildlife art books from Abe and Amazon too :-C

With apologies for the lack of any meaningful posts on this thread for the past several months - here are a few pages from the sketchbook from a few weeks ago; waxwings are among the most wonderful characters - something I've been tryig to catch with these drawings ( a post-mortem opportunity also presented itself, but I don't have the study to hand at the moment).
With best wishes for the New Year to all.

Attachments

• wax 1.jpg
    wax 1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 71
  • wax 2.jpg
    wax 2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 79
  • wax 3.jpg
    wax 3.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 70
  • wax 5.jpg
    wax 5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 52
  • wax col .jpg
    wax col .jpg
    61 KB · Views: 78
Welcome back Tim! Good to see you posting again. Waxwings are beautiful birds with wonderfully graceful lines. I see several paintings in the groupings in that next to last set of sketchbook pages. Thanks for giving us Yanks (who apparently won't see your book until June!) something to "tide us over".

I like the Waxwings - it's a style I've never been able to do, but would like to.
I think your book might make a very nice birthday present for Mrs Boris - hopefully Amazon will send a copy out this way as they often won't post to Australia for some reason.
Cheers,

Tony

Picked my book up from town yesterday and it's an absolute delight! Much more than a "how to" book, it's a celebration of bird art in all its forms. It was a pleasant surprise to see contributions from so many of the Birdforum artists too.
A fantastic achievement, Tim, and bound to become a classic.

Great to see you posting work again, Tim, oh, and a happy New Year to you.
I'll echo what you say about the waxwings; I had my first sketchbook experiences with these delightful birds a few days ago - watch my thread!
First rate stuff as usual, and I love some of the suggestive shapes you've captured; I quickly noticed how long-necked and pot-bellied they are when they reach over for a berry or a preen!

Russ

Ps - Comments re the book are simply glowing. I'll be getting meself a copy on pay day!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back