• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very large lcd monitor? (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Hi,
As some of you may know my eyesight is pretty bad due to Glaucoma and seems to be getting worse quicker than i expected:C
Anyway I had to get rid of my dslr due to small lcd.
I have a Canon XL2 and although its a great camera i'm struggling with the LCD eyepiece.
Has anyone seen a lcd monitor thats rugged approx size 6":eek!: that will plug into my XL2 and also have a bracket to mount on my tripod, obviously it will need a decent power supply.
I can only use from a hide or home/car etc again due to health probs so not bothered about the weight
I'm hoping i can continue to at least film the wildlife/birds for a while longer until my eyes go alltogether and then i guess i'm *************!
You guys make sure you get your eyesight checked out every year as my eyesight could have been saved if i hadbeen diagnosed sooner and believe me, what goods a camera to ya if you can't see? Not even Canon/Nikon etc can replace them.
Any links to websites are most welcome and sooner find one sooner i can get back to enjoying myself again:t:
Cheers

Not sure if these would be any good for you Claymore but the testimonials seem to indicate that the company are decent.

http://www.smalllcd.co.uk/?=79269462

Thanks Keith, the 7" one's look alright, just wondering how i'd mount one on my tripod? I'm sure they make brackets for such things so i'll check out some of the companies who supply TV crews etc maybe they'll have an idea?
Thanks for the link anyway I will keep you posted on my quest:t:
Brian

Nice one Brian, I hope there's no more drop in your vision. I'd ask the company selling the monitor about tripod mounting it...they may be able to help. Meccano might be an idea if all else fails with the bracket.

Nice one Brian, I hope there's no more drop in your vision. I'd ask the company selling the monitor about tripod mounting it...they may be able to help. Meccano might be an idea if all else fails with the bracket.

Oh don't mention Meccano! Used to love it when i was a lad:t: way things are going it will be the only thing i can manage (but won't be able to see finished object);)
I have a 28" Monitor on my PC and its amazingly clear but needs a very large desk (i have it mounted on the wall above)LoL bit big to have in my pop-up hide?:eek!:
Cheerio

Cor I envy you the 28" monitor, I'm using a 19" TFT.
I've toyed with getting bigger but I'm using a 6ft by 6ft box room as an office, there's just room for me, the computer and the current monitor.
All the best

Cor I envy you the 28" monitor, I'm using a 19" TFT.
I've toyed with getting bigger but I'm using a 6ft by 6ft box room as an office, there's just room for me, the computer and the current monitor.
All the best

You wouldn't envey me trying to fix the monitor onto a hollow wall! the fitting kit was a nightmare!:eek!: we ended up have a hole cut in the wall and adding extra noggins etc to strengthen it LoL:t:
It does seem a bit big but i couldn't see to read Photoshop pallets etc.
Still doesn't improve my images though hence reason i don't post many images to the gallery LoL

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back