• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

need binoculars HELP! (1 Viewer)

Hey everyone.

I was going to put this in the binos forum but decided I would be better here so I can get some advice from Aussies about Aussie shops.

I need a new pair of binoculars. My old ones have snapped. I don't have a lot of cash to spend - $200 to $300.

Initially I was going to go for a pair of Bushnell H20 8x42 waterproofs.

Then I googled around and saw that a few people prefer the Nikon Sporter 8x36 (is it only 8x42 now?).

And from the Sporter I discovered that I simply must upgrade to a Nikon Monarch 8x42...

So, by now I am thoroughly confused. I only want these for general birding - in the bush, rainforest, and sometimes out on the sea/creek in the kayak.

My old binos were Celestron Outlands 10x42 which I really liked -until they died on me.

Anyone able to offer any recommendations on good deals in Aus at the moment?

Cheers

Ben

the shops i prefer are andrewscom.com.au (sydney); bintel.com.au (syd & melb); telescopes&astronomy.com.au (SA) or blue wren gift shop (boca)
in this price range i prefer porro's..you might look at pentax - at the SA dealer (good prices)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back