View Single Post
Old Saturday 28th April 2018, 21:20   #30
birdmeister

Lots to update here. I picked up my first of year Louisiana Waterthrush (2), Blue-headed Vireo (2), and Black-and-white Warbler (1) at Coventry Woods in Chester County on the 25th. Then, I followed that up with an afternoon trip to Pottstown Riverfront Park, which produced my FOY Yellow Warbler in with the Yellow-rumped Warblers.

I saw my FOY Green Herons (2) at Trewellyn Park in Montgomery County on the 26th.

Then came yesterday and today. Yesterday I went on a field trip to Central Park in New York City, which produced 50+ species, including 44+ warblers of 11 species. I won't get into more details on this trip, since the thread title happens to refer to migration observed in eastern Pennsylvania.

I will get into this morning's outing to Peace Valley Park in Bucks County. I ended up with 66 species!

Highlights/migrants included Common Loon (1), Green Heron (1), Osprey (2), Sharp-shinned Hawk (2), Solitary Sandpiper (1, FOY), Least Flycatcher (1, FOY and fourth one reported in eBird for the state this year, with the other three reports coming today as well), Great Crested Flycatcher (1, FOY), Eastern Kingbird (1, FOY), Blue-headed Vireo (4), Purple Martin (1), Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (9, one possibly scoping out potential nest site), Ruby-crowned Kinglet (9), Hermit Thrush (1), Catharus sp (1, likely Veery), Wood Thrush (1, FOY), Gray Catbird (8), Ovenbird (2), Northern Waterthrush (2), Blue-winged Warbler (2, FOY), Black-and-white Warbler (8+), Common Yellowthroat (3), Palm Warbler (3), Pine Warbler (1), Yellow-rumped Warbler (25+), Black-throated Green Warbler (1, FOY), warbler sp (1, likely Hooded), Wite-throated Sparrow (24+), Swamp Sparrow (7), Blue Jay (13), and Baltimore Oriole (1).

An excellent morning indeed.