• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help! I'm in Eastbourne & Brighton at Xmas where can I go watching Birds? (1 Viewer)

PaulAshton

Help!

I'm in Eastbourne & Brighton at Xmas and would like to know where I can go to enjoy some bird watching or simply walk in the local countryside admiring the views?

:bounce:

Not a million miles from Eastbourne is Rye Harbour, you've also got RSPB Pulborough Brooks, Arundel WWT, Pagham Harbour in the county.

Perhaps the best advice I can give you is seek out
Best Birdwatching Sites in Sussex by Adrian Thomas & Peter Francis its similar in layout to Buckingham Presses Norfolk book which is wonderful.

If you phone Buckingham Press on 01733 561739 you should get it promptly. It costs £14.50

The area west of Eastbourne covering Beachy Head, Friston Forest, Seven Sisters and Cuckmere Haven is very attractive and is good for birds. The whole area has good footpaths and the cliff top walks are excellent. Worth investing in an OS map if you don't already have one.

Whatever you decide to do have a very good time. :t:

pduxon said:
Not a million miles from Eastbourne is Rye Harbour.
Definitely worth the drive. Excellent for bittern and smew (2 drakes there today apparently). Also good pubs in Rye.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back