• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wasp or Fly. (1 Viewer)

coal tit

COAL TIT
I photographed this wasp or fly species last year in my kitchen the body Shape Itself is bottle shaped which I find quite attractive and very streamlined to look at, have never from memory seen one like it before perhaps some one May Tell me more about this creature.

Attachments

• PICT0356.jpg
    PICT0356.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 73
Looks like the conopid fly Conops quadrifasciatus, which is a parasitoid of bumblebees.
Thankyou aeshna for the Id
Has quadrifasciatus replaced quadrifasciata has that is what I have it come Under from a late 1970,s natural history guide of britain and northern europe The thickhead fly.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back