• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FIELD WORK....APUNTES del NATURAL (1 Viewer)

Did a couple pages more of ZooTube sketches...quite enjoying the practice!..I really wanted to sketch the Cirl Bunting,and the Zootube was a good source of models..The other day I found a Cirl caught under a net ,in a garden...The owner of the garden covered the veggies with nets,to keep the birds away ,but ths fellow made its way in,and wasnt able to go out now!...The bird was getting quite stressed ,chirping and beating His wings under the web...It was just asking for the local Sparrowhawk to come visit!.My reaction was to set Him free ,and so I did,but As I was lifting the net,I thought this would have been a great opportunity to set my scope a few metters away and make some notes!...Too distressing thought to watch the poor bird in this inpass...The clicking notes He gave away when I got close were pure panic,So I was happy when He flew away...
These sketches are 2 to 5 minutes notes,mostly from not very detailed , low res footage,but they still give enough info to visually speculate....

Attachments

• IMG_4652.jpg
    IMG_4652.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4657.jpg
    IMG_4657.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 85
Ooohh, I say! I like these chats very much; they just ooze life! Interesting technique which seems very spontaneous and 'from life'-like, just as it should.
Excellent!

Russ

brilliant Redstart series- full of impact but still really true to bird

as for the rain- same here: I've given up on birding today and sent an hour trying to hammer a drainage canal into some concrete, so now just waiting for the vibrations up my arm to subside sufficiently to try some painting

Ed and Russ have said it well: spontaneous, accurate and all the excitement of something seen from life, even if it wasn't quite 'seen from life.'

Hope the rain ends soon. Here wind is the story. Still it seems like spring, rather than jumping straight from winter to summer as is often the case.

..Thank You All for the nice comments..Kind regards to All..
Well,..The weather changed few days ago ,and It has been very nice ..But other things are in my way of going out and sketch..My Kids have been out of school for 10 days(long holidays in Spain´s Semana Santa!),so when the weather got decent We had a lot to catch up with!..also, lots of people comes to the coast these days, and my favorite spots get a bit crowded..but tomorrow is all back to normal,and I think I would go out for a whole day sketching at least once this coming week..Hopefully the practice of the last few days brings some benefits to this approach,in the same manner the real viewings brought inspiration to the studio sketches...
I wanted to quit this ZooTube thing for now,but I had some more Chats and Redstarts left in me this morning,..Had to get them out!..Hope You like these as well

Attachments

• IMG_4664.jpg
    IMG_4664.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
You've got a very appealing technique going on here Manuel...

Just had a flick thru your illustrations....loved the cormorant and the aeroport landscape...

Latest chats great...particularly the bottom right bird...very very nice indeed...:t:

all the best...!

http://username-beast.blogspot.co.uk/

Looking good Manuel. I had to think of you when I stumbled upon a video of wood warblers this morning. But I know that they're outside somewhere so I managed not to go looking for paper and pen and start sketching from the computer....

Hi Manuel, you have a great technique, all scratchy and alive with energy. Sheets of chats are wonderful.

Mike

Thanks..Nice Seeing You All..I cruise the threads in this forum,and honestly ,is almost overwhelming the amount of works you people produce,and Good stuff on top of It..Sometimes I dont say much ,but I wanna thank You All,for the great works You share Here...
Anyway...A few notes more to the Collection,..Humble as they are,they are made in the field!..Just fast, ,walk-about notes that I made without really trying and only as a natural response,in my own terms, to the fabulous presence of birds

Attachments

• IMG_4693.jpg
    IMG_4693.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4692.jpg
    IMG_4692.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4691.jpg
    IMG_4691.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4690.jpg
    IMG_4690.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 61
A couple more...There is something wrong with this Duck,..I think..but I like it anyway,because I am not very good at pencil work,and any progress is welcomed..
Ah..Next ones Will be THE ones!

Attachments

• IMG_4689.JPG
    IMG_4689.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4687.jpg
    IMG_4687.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4686.jpg
    IMG_4686.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 59
Oh! - the stilt drawings are simply fabulous, especially the 3rd pencil sheet. Incredible work - I'm very envious of these drawings. Mallard's nice too :)

Watercolor

This Could really be my first watercolor ever,when I think about It!..I have been squezzing some old watercolor tubes here and there in the studio,but never manage til now to buy myself some watercolor pans,and get a decent field set..I did get a few pans a few weeks ago,but not until today that I had some time to go out and try them...
I met this polite Night Heron roosting in a tree,in a pretty nice spot (also saw a Little Bittern or two,but they didnt want anything to do with Art, at least today),and got to try the watercolors...I had fun ,and the sketch had its moments...It only survived thanks to the Heron that left before I managed to ruin the whole thing!

Thanks again to All of You that keep posting all those wonderful works on regular basis..All very inspiring!

Attachments

• IMG_4746.jpg
    IMG_4746.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back