• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (3 Viewers)

Only news recieved today
Teal x7, Shoveler x3 in Marsh, Lapwing c25 and Willow Tit x2 at Feeders per Pete Carless
Good Birding YAMYAM

A quick visit yesterday (21.02.2018) afternoon:- Willow Tit still at Feeders,, By Marsh Screen entrance min. 6 Siskin and 1 male Redpoll.

PS 2018 sightings; Richard & Tony now 56 latest Siskin

Richard

Common Gull 2018

We're having a good run with Common Gull this year, we only had 12 records last year.

01/1/18- FM- Adult
04/1/18- FM- 1st winter
06/1/18- FM- Adult
12/1/18- FM- Adult x2
14/1/18- FM- Adult
18/1/18- FM- Adult
26/1/18- SP- Adult
31/1/18- SP- 2nd winter
08/2/18- FM- 1st winter
08/2/18- FM- Adult
10/2/18- FM- Adult
10/2/18- SP- 1st winter
15/2/18- FM- Adult
17/2/18- FM- 1st winter
17/2/18- FM- Adult
18/2/18- FM- Adult
22/2/18- FM- Adult

Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Mixed flock of c30 Redwing and c10 Fieldfare in and around Dartmouth Park this morning. Very mobile and several Redwing subsinging.per Matt Hadlington
Good Birding YAMYAM

Year lists as of 22/2/18

Mel Jones -89 Great Black Back Gull
Dave Saunders - 82 Woodcock
Mike Ixer- 77 Kingfisher
Matt Hadlington - 76 Oystercatcher
John Clarke- 73 Kingfisher
Craig Reed -72 Oystercatcher
Pete Carless -68 Common Gull
Dave Waite - 66 Common Gull
Steve Lilly - 60 Siskin
Richard Eyres - 56 Siskin
Tony Johnson - 56 Siskin
Adrian Kirton - 47 Oystercatcher

Good Birding YAMYAM

A lot of noise from machinery this morning. Along Tame 8 Wigeon, 5 Teal, 8 Gadwall, 2 Goosander, 20+ Lapwing flew over, Fieldfare, Willow Tit, Redpoll per Rob Preston
Good Birding YAMYAM

Late news Saturday 17 Feb. A largish (50-80) group of very high flying geese flew over west to east without calling. I was under the trees looking for Siskin so my view was very much obscured and brief. They were not Canada or Greylag and after a conversation with Craig Reed today and watching videos of them in flight I am 99.9% Pink Footed Geese per Wali Taylor
Good Birding YAMYAM

Hi guys - hoping you can help a non-local out! Will be passing through at the weekend and may be able to pay a flying visit to Sandwell Valley, hoping for Willow Tit in particular (now non-existent in my part of the world). I don’t know the site at all and I wondered if it's possible to access the site and view the feeders before the main 10am opening time? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi guys - hoping you can help a non-local out! Will be passing through at the weekend and may be able to pay a flying visit to Sandwell Valley, hoping for Willow Tit in particular (now non-existent in my part of the world). I don’t know the site at all and I wondered if it's possible to access the site and view the feeders before the main 10am opening time? Thanks in advance for any help.

You can park on Tanhouse Avenue and walk on to the Reserve and veiw Feeding Station from the left hand side of the Centre
Good Birding YAMYAM

Peregrine north island area towards center and again over Forge Mill per Johm Clarke and Tim Hextell
Good Birding YAMYAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back