View Single Post
Old Monday 4th September 2017, 10:30   #13
johnhub
Relatively newbie birder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxatilis View Post
Hello John
I also have an ED82 heavily used but optically still perfect which shows some faults (no more nitrogen proofing, a little "greasy" edge inside).
As I got to find used at a UK store some years ago, I would like to know the exact contact at the Nikon UK Repair Center which can handle it.
What do you mean by "not cheap" service? Depending on the cost, I could consider sending it to them.
Thank you very much
Hi Saxatilis (and Mark)

I've just had a look through my old emails about this, and the repair estimate/quote that was attached to one of them has unfortunately gone missing. I do think it was around 250, but that did include new ED objective and ocular, and cleaning/servicing and new nitogen.

They were brilliant about it throughout, and also sent me a post-paid label to send the scope back. At the time (2014) they charged 6.50 for the estimate (waived if you went ahead with the repair). The people I dealt with (they may not be there now, of course), were John Murphy and a lady called Lauren (don't know her second name). Please see below contact details:

Nikon UK
Advisor
Nikon Customer Support

United Kingdom: 0330 123 0932
Republic of Ireland: 01 5171851
Monday to Friday: 9am-5pm
http://www.europe-nikon.com/support

Definitely worth contacting them! Good luck!

Cheers
John