• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

February's Challenge ... (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
This month took part in the foot-it challenge, where you try to see as many species on foot in your local patch as possible in January - managed what I consider a wholly respectable 95 species within 2 miles of the house (missed a few so could have been more, plus there's still one afternoon to go ...)

Been meaning to do some sketching/drawing of birds/wildlife for years now (B in GCSE art a long, long time ago, tried sketching seagulls on a neighbours roof once in the intervening period), so setting myself the challenge of sketching/capturing as many species as I can see this month to keep something going and finally open the cellophane on the odd drawing pad I've accrued over the years (I also have a camera I don't know how to use, so that may come into the equation too ... ).

Guessing it will most certainly be quantity over quality if I actually manage to do any drawing in the field. There are also too many other important things I should be doing, plus if it doesn't stop raining it might be a bit tricky.

We'll see ...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back