• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (2 Viewers)

nice studies, I love the canada greylag hybrid (or is it barnacle?), I think they're the best looking mongrel geese in the world. The barnacle is pretty sharp too.

nice studies, I love the canada greylag hybrid (or is it barnacle?), I think they're the best looking mongrel geese in the world. The barnacle is pretty sharp too.

on the ball Nick
Canada-Greylag i would go with
what about bot.left Maybe my sketching. colour is paynes grey blueish tint,
bill may be more redish than orange

A bluish one Nick
A great 30 mins. on Weybourne Beach this morning.
Red Throated Diver 15 yards out after sand eels .
Some of the sketches

Attachments

• L1050423.jpg
    L1050423.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 47
  • L1050421.jpg
    L1050421.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 46
Ta all
RTDiver as it hung around for 30 minutes just off Weybourne beach
Water colour A3

Attachments

• L1050431.jpg
    L1050431.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Beautiful! The sketches are lovely, and so is the painting. Every time I come close to a diver, it dives and surfaces two miles further away. You were lucky with this one!

Thick mist still in with a slight breeze from the N/E. Visibility just over a 100 yrds.
Tried to do some painting today but too much going on outside the window Redwings,Fieldfares, Blackbirds and Robins everywhere.Then in twenty mins.
period Blackredstart, Chiffchaff,Grey wagtail & 2x Ring Ouzels .(first for the garden.)
These sketches from yesterdays walk along the beach Goldcrests under foot

Attachments

• L1050440.jpg
    L1050440.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 47
  • L1050441.jpg
    L1050441.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 43
  • L1050442.jpg
    L1050442.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 36
These are more common than Bluetits on the Beach & in the reeds at the moment
+ garden Ring Ouzel

Attachments

• L1050445.jpg
    L1050445.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 39
  • L1050447.jpg
    L1050447.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 43
  • L1050448.jpg
    L1050448.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Beautiful Arthur. You and Tim are doing a wonderful job with them. I've always had the hardest time with their American counterparts. But they should still be abundant here too so I hope to go out and find a few to sketch at some point today. We once had one overwinter in the garden but it's been years since we've seen one here for more than a day.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back