• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

natural england grant brood management license (1 Viewer)

John, as a former RSPB employee before retirement I'm really troubled by the seemingly weak and shallow approach taken nowadays, which is also inconsistent at times. Doubtless much ( hopefully ) is going on behind the scenes, but never seems to result in change. To many the RSPB would seem to be the automatic front runner when matters of this sort arise , but increasingly it appears that role is abdicated, but the Society appears oblivious to its credibility reducing . I banged on about this yesterday on my own Blog
( https://www.birdingodyssey.blogspot.com/ ) as I feel there's a danger that the current, virtually non-existent breeding population in England will be accepted as the norm , persecution will quietly continue unabated and action will revolve around continuous arguments between opposing parties and no change will result. The issue needs a new focus which I believe could first of all involve real pressure being put on Govt. How about a target of 500 letters on Michael Gove's desk next week , and the one after that too. John.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back