• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Bird CD? (1 Viewer)

RockyRacoon

Hi everyone,
I was thinking of buying a Bird Song CD, so I can transfer the songs on an I-Pod, and was wondering what the most useful one would be for birding in the UK, perhaps one that includes vagrants as well (EG, Palla's YB Warbler, Pipits Important inlcudes Richard's Tawny ect., Barred Warbler ect.)

Cheers,

Well, the best one I know of is by a German, I think it was published by Kosmos Verlag, maybe the booklet accompanying the CD has already been translated to English. Way better than Roche, because the pauses aren't cut. I think it has all the species you need. There are ten CDs and the edition I saw was in a blue box with a Golden Oriole on the cover.

Last edited:
Bird Songs

Hi

I have got Die Vogelstimmen Europas, Nordafrikas und Vorderasiens (17 CD set) Andreas Schulze - containing the songs or calls of over 800 Western Palearctic species. All converted into mp3 about - 200MB.
I use it on my PDA. It it great.
Regards

Bernard

I use Bird Sounds of Europe & North West Africa by Roche & Chevereau which is a 10 CD set which covers 481 species in total (playing time is almost 12 hours). As well as this I use Calls of Eastern Vagrants by Hannu Jannes which covers the calls (not songs) of 68 species including all the vagrants you name above. Which is good because you can concentrate on the calls rather than the song which is much more useful for identifying any vagrants. Neither cds have any commentaries!
Ade

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back