• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice please: MP4 files with 7D mark ii (1 Viewer)

KezN

Today I set my video to record mp4 but when I came to view them after downloading there doesn't seem to be anyway of viewing them with the Canon software. Am I missing something or am I just supposed to use third party software?

Thank you
Kerry

Why not download VLC Media Player? (I think it's free.) It's what I needed for viewing movie files from my 5D Mark II. You may need to do a web search for advice on how best to set some of the detailed options, and I assume you're storing your video files on a fast hard drive - using external HDDs accessed via slow USB links can be "interesting"....

Why not download VLC Media Player? (I think it's free.) It's what I needed for viewing movie files from my 5D Mark II. You may need to do a web search for advice on how best to set some of the detailed options, and I assume you're storing your video files on a fast hard drive - using external HDDs accessed via slow USB links can be "interesting"....

Thanks for your input Malcolm. I do have VLC and have been using that to view them, but I assumed that somewhere Canon would have provided software to view the files that their camera produces. I find it very odd that there doesn't seem to be any.

KezN

Hi Kez,

Do you not have Canon Utilities ImageBrowser EX? My copy is dated 2013, and can show Canon movie files, and I note that there's an "Edit Movies" function offered. I've just tried it, and it shows movies OK - haven't tried the editing as yet.

Hi Kez,

Do you not have Canon Utilities ImageBrowser EX? My copy is dated 2013, and can show Canon movie files, and I note that there's an "Edit Movies" function offered. I've just tried it, and it shows movies OK - haven't tried the editing as yet.

Apologies for the delay in responding to your comment: I didn't get notification of a post. Thank you for that pointer. I have just tried using ImageBrowser EX and the MP4 is showing and playing. Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back