• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Andrews Sketchpad (1 Viewer)

Boxing Day proved to be a bit windier than anticipated, but nevertheless, a trip to the coast, found hordes of Oystercatchers flying up and down what was left of the shingle beach at High Tide......so a very quick and loose effort without so much primary pencil work
DSCN0689.JPG

lovely repetition of the patterns in the birds and warm glowing oranges - looking forward to seeing oyks again while I'm back in the UK for xmas, it's been too long!

A quick Oyster Catcher sketch following on from the last......
DSCN0692.JPG

and a quick page of Shoveller / Pintails sketches from this mornings outing, Actually managed to get these done whilst sitting in the car and peering through the scope, It was very grey and overcast, right up to the point of getting Home, Now its wall to wall sunshine and clear sky....
DSCN0691.JPG

I think this is down to me being more relaxed and not trying to rush things, and Im sketching in a different style, bolder and more positive with the lines.....

A quick Oyster Catcher sketch following on from the last......
View attachment 173960

and a quick page of Shoveller / Pintails sketches from this mornings outing, Actually managed to get these done whilst sitting in the car and peering through the scope, It was very grey and overcast, right up to the point of getting Home, Now its wall to wall sunshine and clear sky....
View attachment 173961

I think this is down to me being more relaxed and not trying to rush things, and Im sketching in a different style, bolder and more positive with the lines.....

You are onto something with the latest and previous Shovelers and Pintails- some very original and confident shapes.

Another page of dark scribbles....very overcast and grey first thing yesterday, so no detail in the blobs....
DSCN0693.JPG

Thanx Ed, Im practicing the 'fast sketch' method at the moment, so that I can add detail later with either pencil or colour.....

OK, So its not Wildlife.....

Still have this yearning to get some landscapes done, This, if anyone recognises it, is half way up the Bocqour Valley near Porta Pollensa in Majorca - (a well know Twitcher site), Its a gated Well halfway up the mountain side, near to the path down to the bay.....
I feel that if I can scribble down the scene fast and add some colour detail to the page, than i might be able to learn a different side to watercolour sketches....
DSCN0698.JPG

Just a bit more...

Still doing landscapes, this from an old photograph of a slate bench at Boscastle before the flood.......
DSCN0717.JPG
OK, so now Ill work on some Wildlife......Promise...

Another loose scribble of some Teal, taken from one of todays photos....
DSCN0720.JPG
and a quick sketch taken from an old photo, of a good friend of mine fishing in Mousehole Harbour in Cornwall.
DSCN0722.JPG
The Scrapes were frozen over again this weekend, so had to see what was on the river instead.....Tide was rising with on shore breeze. can't wait for the weather to get warmer, I need to sketch from Real Life........

A little somthing from the week...

Still playing with different ideas and styles....
DSCN0734.JPG
and trying some perspective stuff, but not too well i fear
DSCN0735.JPG
See what the weekend provides.....

some great patterns and colours in the first one, and the steps is a great piece full of tone and a limited palette. Looking forward to seeing what the weekend brings.

The weekends are getting quite mundane and uneventful at the moment, and not getting any time during the week, so true to say Ive gone off the boil a little.....Tried to revisit the ole Pied Wagtails....(aka the Ernie Wise gull)...
DSCN0736.JPGl
Sure itll get better when the sunlight returns.

Sorry, just noticed the photos not even well focused........

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back