• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wheatears - Issen & Agadir, Morocco (1 Viewer)

Mehdi S

Checking back pictures taken with my old compact camera, I found two wheatears (of which I've taken four pictures) which I cannot put a name on.

I'm sure the first three ones are either Seebohm's or Northern but as the females of both species are very hard to differentiate (no idea if you can even differentiate them from these pictures), I don't know which one is which.

The last one looks like a weird winter Red-rumped and was seen at Agadir, circa 10/2017 but once again I have no idea if that looks remotely right and it is a bit of an odd place to find them.

Thank you in advance for any input. :)

Attachments

• DSC05077.JPG
    DSC05077.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC05078.JPG
    DSC05078.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC05080.JPG
    DSC05080.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC05044.JPG
    DSC05044.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 138
Yes Common Redstart i think for the last one.
The bird in the first 2 pictures might well be a Desert Wheatear.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back