• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stork migration route through France. (1 Viewer)

Burgundybirder

Bonjour!
Can anyone recommend where to find information about the stork migration route through France? I'm new to birding and a bit overwhelmed by the MASS of information available both in English AND French.
I was driving near the river Saone early this morning and spotted what I think was a white stork in one of the fields nearby but of course I only had pathetic binoculars with me and a mobile phone camera-I know, I know-told you I was new to birding! (There was also about a dozen white jobbies (egrets?) which landed in the same field alongside two ------ herons and a ------ buzzard flew over the field as well, but I wasn't going to mention those in my embarrassment at nipping out not fully 'dressed' so to speak!) But in my defence, I did identify a nice little stonechat sitting on the fence...
Anyway, I would be grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction of finding out if the stork was an usual sighting at this time of the year.
Merci beaucoup.:-O

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back