• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jorupe SW Ecuador - 2 (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Hello all,
the next set of question pictures.

First is a bird with graduated tail which I think is a Striped Cuckoo. However, a reasonably good bird I met thought it was a Pacific Elaenia, so which is right?

The remaining four are all Woodcreepers or similar. I initially thought all were Streak-headed Woodcreeper but then were told that the juveniles of Red-billed Scythebill were similar (I heard but did not see adult of that species). So what are these (2-5)?

thanks
Niels

Attachments

• Cuckoo Q P1110866.jpg
    Cuckoo Q P1110866.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Woodcr q 1a P1110371.JPG
    Woodcr q 1a P1110371.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Woodcr q 2a P1110921.jpg
    Woodcr q 2a P1110921.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Woodcr q 3 P1120062.jpg
    Woodcr q 3 P1120062.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Woodcr q 4 P1120087.jpg
    Woodcr q 4 P1120087.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 17
Why Elaenia for this one? There is a dark stripe back from the corner of the mouth that is present on several images from different angles, and the other images I have show the tail as square, not graduated on the Elaenia?

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back