• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (5 Viewers)

There does look like there is a bit of intimidation with these two. I love the strong marks in the background, almost drawn rather than painted (in a good way).

All the best,

Philip

I see Arthur going in a new direction with this one, superb, lots of interest in the background and two great characters - wouldn't like to mess with Mrs Blackcap!

Wishing you All a very Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you and all your families.
I will be off soon to spoil the grandchidren rotten.
I put this in the photo comp.

Attachments

• L1140907.jpg
    L1140907.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 39
My Pic's 2010

Happy New Year all.
Some sketches from Titchwell wed.
This year I hope to get out a lot more in the feild and using oils for the main pic's.

Some of my pictures go on show at the Picturecraft gallery, Leescourt Yard, Holt, Norfolk. from the 16th January.

Attachments

• L1150515.jpg
    L1150515.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 145
  • L1150517.jpg
    L1150517.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 163
  • L1150519.jpg
    L1150519.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 137
  • L1150523.jpg
    L1150523.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 150
Happy New Year Arthur, good to see you back and with great work too. Congrats on the gallery, it was only a matter of time. Here's hoping we all sell some stuff this year!

Mike

Viewing this new batch of drawings just re-emphasises that we are dealing with a very serious wildlife artist here. Great fieldwork and another pat on the back for the new exhibition. Onwards and upwards Arthur.

Thankyou All.
While mixing mud with oils I looked out of the window yesterday to see this little one in amongst the winter pansies. Tried to turn it into a Siberian but it didn't want to play.
Something startled it and it flew four feet into solid sky (my patio door) and stunned took cover in the troughs.
After about twenty min's started to move and feed again not taking any heed of me until it decided to move on.
Nice to have a Chiff Chaff in the garden in January.

Attachments

• L1150538.jpg
    L1150538.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 97
  • L1150539.jpg
    L1150539.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 122
  • L1150548.jpg
    L1150548.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 116
These are very lovely drawings again Arthur. Nice to have a subdued subject ;)
Strange thing today; I had to destroy a 1st yr moorhen (snapped leg) and, even though I've never had the opportunity to make post-mortem drawings of a moorhn, I couldn't bring myself to draw it. Sad little thing.

Lovely drawings, and an obliging little character (though he wouldn't see it that way!).

Tim - I found a freshly dead moorhen about 10 years back that I did some sketches from - inconvenient buggers to fit on a page - you have to fold them.

If you are near Holt , Norfolk with time on your hands you could always pop into PICTURECRAFT GALLERY in Lees Court.
Sorry couldn't resist but it is the first time my pic's have been on veiw and for sale.
As Im'e getting long in the tooth could be a good investment too.

Attachments

• L1150561.jpg
    L1150561.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 121
  • L1150565.jpg
    L1150565.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 119
  • L1150567.jpg
    L1150567.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 131
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back