• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (29 Viewers)

From the Flashes this morning Dave J reports:

20 Avocet, Yellow Wagtail over (first of the return passage), Little Ringed Plover (+ 1 chick still), 4 Green Sandpiper, 2 Common Sandpiper, Snipe, juvenile Redstart, juvenile Shelduck, 7 Gadwall, no sign of the Black-tailed Godwit.

8 Common Tern on the Sailing Pool.

Dave J further reports from the Flashes:

Adult male Redstart, Little Egret, juvenile Willow Warbler, 16 Swift, 2 Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat.

Andy P more fully updates from the Flahes:

Green Sandpiper 5, Common Sandpiper 2, Snipe, Avocet 21, Lapwing 52, Shelduck juvenile, Gadwall 5, Teal 15, Shoveler 2, male Redstart, Spotted Flycatcher, Little Egret briefly.

Last edited:
From the Moors Pool Andy P reports:

245 Canada Geese, 30 Greylag Geese, 3 Little Egret, Green Sandpiper, Common Sandpiper, 30 Lapwing, Kingfisher, 10+ Swift over the causeway.

Wheatear and Yellow Wagtail earlier as per Alan Giles.

Last edited:
Hi

There are two sections to the reserve. The flashes - which are salty and can be accessed via the Sailing Club car park. I prefer to park in the other carpark, first right after the Sailing Club if you come from the M5. This is where the Moors Pool is. The small concete hide traditionally has the best kingfisher sightings. We were not let down this morning amazing sight of two very close to the hide.
You can walk from there to the Flashes also
Julie

Hi by small concrete hide do you mean the “water rail” hide?

Please also remember you need to be a member of the Worcestershire Wildlife Trust or other County Trust..if not permits are available from wardens on site or from the Sailing centre Cafe. £3 per person👌

Hi

Sorry I do mean the Water Rail hide! I also had a good sighting whilst walking over to the Flashes. One was sat on a branch above the river in the small reserve.

Hope you have a good visit!

Hi

Sorry I do mean the Water Rail hide! I also had a good sighting whilst walking over to the Flashes. One was sat on a branch above the river in the small reserve.

Hope you have a good visit!

Hi I did thank you was blessed to see a kingfisher so thank you very much

Hour or so at the Flashes today , good to see the LRP and chick still going strong , other highlights , 2 Dunlin , Green Sands , Common Sands, and first Flashes Kingfisher for several years , 2 what I believe were Chiffchaff by the bridge .

ID please

Yesterday at the Flashes
As is - same bird probably - more than one. Different views.
Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN8483 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN8483 - Copy.JPG
    543.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN8478.JPG
    DSCN8478.JPG
    560.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN8475.JPG
    DSCN8475.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
LBBs ish

A few more from yesterday
LRP makes Roadrunner look slow!

Attachments

• DSCN8437.JPG
    DSCN8437.JPG
    547.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN8461.JPG
    DSCN8461.JPG
    692.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN8452.JPG
    DSCN8452.JPG
    599.8 KB · Views: 41
Snipe at the flashes.

This bird was very obliging and stayed out for ages!

Monday 19th Aug

Attachments

• 65028151-DAF3-4163-A6EE-7D686F84899D.jpeg
    65028151-DAF3-4163-A6EE-7D686F84899D.jpeg
    808.3 KB · Views: 57
From the Flashes this morning Andy P reports:

Dunlin, 5 Green Sandpiper, 2 Common Sandpiper, 1 Little Ringed Plover + chick still, 17 Avocet, 90 Lapwing, 34 Teal, 5 Shoveler, 5 Gadwall, Shelduck juvenile, Peregrine, Kingfisher.

2 Swift over the Sailing Pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back