• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Needed on Camera Adapter, Camera (1 Viewer)

busterbrown885

Hi,
About to take an extended trip to Alaska, Yukon, Canada, as a result of researching to purchase spotting scope was introduced to digiscoping. I have the following equipment
Sony DSC 717, 5mp Digital Camera

Eagle Optics Raven Scope, (just purchased)http://www.eagleoptics.com/index.asp?dept=1&type=4&purch=1&pid=3191

I saw this adapter from ScopeTronix that seems to be designed for both the scope and camera I have
http://www.scopetronics.com/digiscoping

My questions,
Does anyone have any experience with using the Sony DSC 717 for digiscoping, and if so what adapters were used?

Does anyone have any experience with the ScopeTronics Adapters and if so what has been the experience.

I see other adapters and lens advertised at prices that are half as much as the scope I purchased which in my mind does not make much sense for the entry level scope I purchased.

Currently the intended use would be for wildlife viewing and hopefully some digital pictures,

thank you for your help

Hi Buster, welcome to birdforum from all the staff here and we hope you enjoy th site.
I have no experience of using this equipment for digiscoping, though the Raven scope seems pretty popular and well regarded for the price.
Digiscoping adapters and the fact that they are sold stating that they will connect a specific camera to a scope is no real guarantee of success, I'm afraid.
Hopefully someone with experience of this set-up will give you the information that you require.

Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back