• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3 Mediumsfrom My Sketch/practice Book (1 Viewer)

ARTHUR BISHOP

1 Kingfisher pencil. 2.Barn Owl pastel. . 3.European Bee-eater coloured pencil

Its my practice book, not my feild sketch book.These haven not been incorporated in a picture yet.

Attachments

• L1010391.jpg
    L1010391.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 163
  • L1010406.jpg
    L1010406.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 155
  • L1010402.jpg
    L1010402.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 167
ARTHUR BISHOP said:
1 Kingfisher pencil. 2.Barn Owl pastel. . 3.European Bee-eater coloured pencil

Its my practice book, not my feild sketch book.These haven not been incorporated in a picture yet.

Very nice work, all of it. Barn owl is really nice. Dont see much pastel work here, shame, lovely medium in the right hands. Cant really do it myself as I am left handed and tend to smudge it as i go as a result..
Come to think of it we dont see a lot of birds in flight either!

buzzard12 said:
Very nice work, all of it. Barn owl is really nice. Dont see much pastel work here, shame, lovely medium in the right hands. Cant really do it myself as I am left handed and tend to smudge it as i go as a result..
Come to think of it we dont see a lot of birds in flight either!

thanks. I do like to draw and paint birds in flight, its a challenge. Arthur

Even though you've used different media, your style is clearly stamped on all three. Like others I love to see birds in flight.

Woody

Woody said:
Even though you've used different media, your style is clearly stamped on all three. Like others I love to see birds in flight.

Woody

Im'e glad you like, I like the challenge of putting movement in the air. Arthur

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back