• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (14 Viewers)

Gave it another hour for the Ring-billed gull at mirfield today. No show between 10 and 11 a.m.
I'm starting to get mildly irritated by this bird.

Chris

Anyone know anything about the White Stork reported today in East Yorkshire, not sure whether it was a flyover like the Ravenscar bird on Monday or whether it was actually hanging around today. (Ravenscar bird is probably the same bird, thinking about it, which means it probably flew straight past where I live, irritatingly)

I saw the Smew at Welton Waters earlier this week. It was on one of the angling pits, the one which is probably the furthest west one, so it could be west pit, but was distantly viewable from the embankment at the side of the Humber, and, if you are feeling a bit sneaky, as you walk south down the east side of the pit, there a slightly open patch through the hawthorn where you can walk up to the top of the embankment at that side. Not sure how allowed it is, but there is a fence on the inside side of the embankment so presumably you are still outside of the angling boundary. Got to be careful not to disturb the birds though.

Anybody know off anything being seen over the last few days that has not been reported on the birdguides/Rare bird sites? Just thinking there has been no recent reports of the Taiga at Fairburn for an example. I have a day pass for tomorrow so if anyone knows of anything of interest please let me know, either on here or by PM if a bit sensitive.

Cheers

John

Just wondering if the Desert Wheatear has been seen in the last day or two beacuse been off the map last two days many thanks

andrew

It was there yesterday Andrew. I think there will be less reports of the bird now as most of those who wanted to see it will have been there by now, but this does not mean its gone, good luck.

John

Anybody know off anything being seen over the last few days that has not been reported on the birdguides/Rare bird sites? Just thinking there has been no recent reports of the Taiga at Fairburn for an example. I have a day pass for tomorrow so if anyone knows of anything of interest please let me know, either on here or by PM if a bit sensitive.

Cheers

John

Cattle Egret still at Tophill Low today

Cheers

John

American Wigeon, Smew and BN Grebe still at Anglers Ctry Park/Wintersett today

Just wondered if the Long eared owls are still at Old Moor, haven't been for several years but seem to remember them roosting along the embankment which was viewed from one of the hides.

Any help much appreciated

I don't believe they've been there for many years, not since the RSPB took over and started felling all the bushes!

On another topic, does anyone know where there are some bramblings in Yorks at the moment? I haven't seen any this year...

I don't believe they've been there for many years, not since the RSPB took over and started felling all the bushes!

On another topic, does anyone know where there are some bramblings in Yorks at the moment? I haven't seen any this year...

I don't know if they are still there, but there were c20 under the beech trees around entrance of Garforth Farm on the hill at Nunburnholme just before Christmas

White Stork

Fraisthorpe this afternoon

WhiteStork003edited.jpg

Is the White Stork at Fraisthorpe a genuine wild bird or an escapee. I was told that there are free flying birds at Harewood, could it be one of these?

Thanks Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back