• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AGW and rising sea levels (1 Viewer)

Not really a new wrinkle, more that the press are catching up that the data are supporting a hypothesis postulated some time ago. Attached is Sigman 2012, which is a reasonably simple explanation of the mechanisms, but not not an explanation of what powers the mechanisms or how they interact dynamically. Nevertheless, it's not an enormous leap from this to the NYT article, which is a sound lay explanation.
MJB

Attachments

• 2012 Sigman Biological ocean productivity.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 100
All,

Just re-posting this recent report for anyone interested in hard data that speak for themselves.

Ed

Attachments

• UK Sea Level Data For 2016.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 179
All,

Just re-posting this recent report for anyone interested in hard data that speak for themselves.

"Outright lie"? "Climate mafia"? C'mon, Ed, what reputable scientist or science reporter uses language like that in a matter of this kind. . ..

Last edited:
Those who feign indignation at Paul Homewood's statement "This is an outright lie," should take the time to read: "How to Lie with Statistics" by Darrell Huff. The perpetrators of these lies are very often skilled reporters who sensationalize results, but are themselves never held accountable.

Given the clarity of the data, Homewood's rather mild conclusion is:
Threats of ever rising sea levels are stock in trade for these climate mafia, yet when we look at actual tidal gauge records, we see nothing other than a gradual rise, going back to the 19thC. However, for such fake claims to be made in an official government report is simply unacceptable.

I agree with him.

Ed

Those who feign indignation at Paul Homewood's statement "This is an outright lie," should take the time to read: "How to Lie with Statistics" by Darrell Huff. The perpetrators of these lies are very often skilled reporters who sensationalize results, but are themselves never held accountable.

Given the clarity of the data, Homewood's rather mild conclusion is:

I agree with him.

Homewood's a clown, and a second-string one at that.

http://blog.hotwhopper.com/2015/02/paul-homewood-and-christopher-booker.html?m=1

These AGW 'peer review' charlatans have been manipulating and omitting 'inconvenient' data for many years.
Let the attacks on the sources exposing these creeps start in "T" minus, 3, 2, 1....

In other news, we've now learned Al Gore's mansion uses 34 times the average households energy. His carbon footprint is massive.
And his weakling apologists will start attacking me for my "obsession" with the guy....faithful worshipers of the high priest of scams.

Your reference is behind a paywall, Chosun....

MJB
Thanks MJB, so it is following that link ....

Try coming at it from a Google search of:- "BoM opens cold case on temperature data The Australian"

This will take you to the article in 'The Australian' newspaper - reasonably well respected. A subscription popup box comes up which you can simply close to read the full article, which is exactly as it appeared in print.

The Beaureau of Metrology tries to offer the excuse that the hardware is not robust enough for reliable measurements, but really ..... these are around the Snowy Mountains - being cold there is nothing new. Very suspect that some results too cold are disappeared - affecting the record and average. The concern is that this was an internal affair manipulating the public record unannounced, and there are legitimate fears by some that it is the thin end of the wedge ..... :cat:

Chosun :gh:

Reactionary hogwash.

Raising free ranging, hormone-free Scottish Highlander stock as we do has been an environmentally sound way of both raising beef and mitigating weed growth literally for centuries.
*Zero* downside, and I, for one, actually think and care about that stuff.
I'd argue the ensuing natural fertilizer is a gift to the environment.

Some cattle operations can be environmentally unsound, (we actually agree on something) but you know nothing about my livelihood.
I'd be more concerned about the 'green'-preaching jet setters spewing G6 jet exhaust into our atmosphere...

Raising free ranging, hormone-free Scottish Highlander stock as we do has been an environmentally sound way of both raising beef and mitigating weed growth literally for centuries. . ..

Balderdash, especially in the case of cattle run on public lands. Just a way of saying that highland cattle are better adapted to beat-out rangeland degraded by "centuries" of over-grazing than modern breeds. What 'weeds' are you referring to, BTW, the invasives introduced by your rancher predecessors? Or just plants, native or otherwise, that you don't particularly care for?

. . .I, for one, actually think and care about that stuff..

Coming from a rabid Trump supporter like yourself, a statement breathtaking in its hypocrisy.

I'd be more concerned about the 'green'-preaching jet setters spewing G6 jet exhaust into our atmosphere...

Yes, yes, we know, your loony Al Gore obsession

P. s. Look up the word 'reactionary' when you get a chance.

Last edited:
Balderdash, especially in the case of cattle run on public lands. Just a way of saying that highland cattle are better adapted to beat-out rangeland degraded by "centuries" of over-grazing than modern breeds. What 'weeds' are you referring to, BTW, the invasives introduced by your rancher predecessors? Or just plants, native or otherwise, that you don't particularly care for?

Coming from a rabid Trump supporter like yourself, a statement breathtaking in its hypocrisy.

Yes, yes, we know, your loony Al Gore obsession

P. s. Look up the word 'reactionary' when you get a chance.

More rubbish.
You know exactly what I have allowed you to know about me. Nothing more, nothing less. And your 'public land' speculation is total fabrication. You progressives are good at that.
Do your own homework regarding invasive plant growth here, I am well aware of what is present, what is indigenous to this area and what my highlanders can safely consume. If your questions were sincere they'd elicit a sincere response, alas, we both know better.

And you look up 'reactionary'... your shtick is tiresome.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back