• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Sites (Kent) (1 Viewer)

Nigelb348

Hello, we are near Canterbury till Monday, we will be going to the usual RSPB sites, Oare, Isle of Sheppy and Stodmarsh, any other sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Nigel

Have a look at https://kentos.org.uk/ for ideas. I think there's plenty to occupy yourself around Canterbury and a side trip to Dungeness without going as far as Cliffe & Northward Hill. Neither is it the best season for Sheppey in my view. As mentioned above Reculver is another site to add to the list as is the Bockhill/St Margaret's Bay area near Dover

Oare - Bonaparte's Gull & Long-billed Dowitcher still present today but elusive. Good numbers of Black-tailed Godwit, a few Bar-tails, Grey & Golden Plovers (some still in [tatty] breeding plumage), Ringed & Little Ringed Plover, 8 Curlew Sandpipers, Ruff, Bearded Tit, 5+Buzzards & Marsh Harrier. Stodmarsh isn't at its best this time of the year ....

I've read some scary comments on TripAdvisor about RSPB Cliffe Pools feeling not quite safe to visit (remote location, some dodgy people camping, etc). Is this true?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back