• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with new scope (1 Viewer)

Littlebro95

Hi, I need thoughts on buying new scope - Vortex Razor HD85 against Swarovski ATS 80 or Nikon ED85 and good tripod. Appreciate any comments as new to this site. Thanks in advance.

Hi Littlebro and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Telescope forum and subscribed you to the thread so you can be notified of any replies.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

I rather suspect at the sort of money you are talking about there is very little difference optically (for practical purposes) and the real differences are to do with ergonomics and "feel". I would suggest you visit a good retailler and try a few out.

Don't skimp on a tripod. A decent scope on a wobbly tripod is a source of frustration.

I rather suspect at the sort of money you are talking about there is very little difference optically (for practical purposes) and the real differences are to do with ergonomics and "feel". I would suggest you visit a good retailler and try a few out.

Don't skimp on a tripod. A decent scope on a wobbly tripod is a source of frustration.

Hi,

I agree with all of the above with the addition of "for good examples" - unfortunately I have seen enough alphas which don't fall into that category...

Which makes the "Visit a good retailer" part very important - you should try to buy exactly the scope you tried - bonus points if you can get a discount for taking the demo...

If that is not possible, you need a web store with a 100% not questions asked return policy.

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back