• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica, Puerto Rico (1 Viewer)

monkeygoblin

Hi all

Browsing back through some old holiday pics from December 2014, I found these. Anyone know what they could be? The yellow one looks like it could be several different kinds of flycatcher (Great Kiskadee?). The hummingbird I have no idea.

Any help much appreciated

Happy birding!

M

Attachments

• Costa_Rica.png
    Costa_Rica.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Costa_Rica_001.png
    Costa_Rica_001.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • costa_rica_002.png
    costa_rica_002.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 29
All from CR?
shape of bill looks like Boat-billed Flycatcher to me, and the hummer could be a Hermit such as green?

Niels

All three pictures are taken from the garden (felt more like a mini rain forest!) of a hotel close to the caribbean coast of Puerto Rico.

Thanks.

All three pictures are taken from the garden (felt more like a mini rain forest!) of a hotel close to the caribbean coast of Puerto Rico.

Thanks.

I think you are confusing Costa Rica and Puerto Rico. There is no coast usually called the Caribbean in PR which is an island quite a bit north east of Costa Rica. There are no boat-b fly in Puerto Rico.

Regarding the Hermit, there is no Green Hermit close to the coast. There is a couple of other species where I do not think the image is good enough to reach species level separation of those.

Niels

Ahem, slip of the tongue there njlarsen, thanks for the pointer....

I mean of course Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

/M

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back