• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rose Pink ED50 (1 Viewer)

NoSpringChicken

United Kingdom
For those of you with no, or unusual, taste, I see In Focus have the Nikon ED50 body only in Rose Pink on special offer at £199. It could be a bargain if you have no pride or just enjoy being different.;)

Edit. Actually thinking about it, if you slapped a stay-on-cover on nobody would know anyway.

Ron

Last edited:
For those of you with no, or unusual, taste, I see In Focus have the Nikon ED50 body only in Rose Pink on special offer at £199. It could be a bargain if you have no pride or just enjoy being different.;)

Edit. Actually thinking about it, if you slapped a stay-on-cover on nobody would know anyway.

Ron

I think that the pink body is not hugely popular... but for a saving of £40 it could be a good buy... like you say add a SOC and it really wouldn't matter. I wonder if it's a one off or if they have actually started stocking it in pink!

I think that the pink body is not hugely popular... but for a saving of £40 it could be a good buy... like you say add a SOC and it really wouldn't matter. I wonder if it's a one off or if they have actually started stocking it in pink!
You know better than I how these things work but I would imagine it's a special purchase precisely because it's not hugely popular.

They are selling the 20x or 27x eyepieces for £179, so for £378 you could have the scope and lens. It just needs one of those excellent Cleyspy SOCs.;)

Ron

Ron

yeh, but i would know , i could not live with it ugh !! .

ROFLHO!

Matt

Same here! Excellent!

But to get back on track: I think these pink scopes will become collectors items pretty soon. I'm collecting lots of things, but can't start getting into collecting scopes as well. Nevertheless, this is likely to become a classic, sort of like the Edsel among cars.

I think the pink's a Japanese thing...

It would make pretty good camo in a desert though. [I kid ye not. No, really. Stop laughing! ;) ]

Perhaps the owners of the Swarovski Crystal Compacts (if anyone´s bought them) would be interested in a Pink ED50. I mean, what could be more dash-cutting than a pair of tacky crystal-encrusted bins together with a puce-coloured mini-scope? A velveteen cherry-scented Mule, perhaps? Who the hell is the target market for these products? Are the manufacturers trying to make us birders even sillier than we already appear to the general populace? After all the efforts we´ve made to appear rugged and rough, what with the pipe-insulation on our tripod legs, our khaki (or even camo) parkas, our combat trousers and dirty boots, our tendency not to shave before birding...(the men, that is...). On the other hand, my Inner Camp Person would quite like a pink ED50......

Perhaps the owners of the Swarovski Crystal Compacts (if anyone´s bought them) would be interested in a Pink ED50. I mean, what could be more dash-cutting than a pair of tacky crystal-encrusted bins together with a puce-coloured mini-scope? A velveteen cherry-scented Mule, perhaps? Who the hell is the target market for these products? Are the manufacturers trying to make us birders even sillier than we already appear to the general populace? After all the efforts we´ve made to appear rugged and rough, what with the pipe-insulation on our tripod legs, our khaki (or even camo) parkas, our combat trousers and dirty boots, our tendency not to shave before birding...(the men, that is...). On the other hand, my Inner Camp Person would quite like a pink ED50......

LOL!! :eek!:

Is it the old saying here that pink is for girls, and blue for boys

Would guys like this special deal to be in blue (dark blue - I can tell here), and would it be a selling point after all.?

I am totally devastated. I bought a secondhand angled ED50 in green this week, for 189 sterling, I´d forgotten all about this thread and the rose-pink (I prefer to call it coral) ED50. For an extra tenner I could have had the single most beautiful miniscope in Ireland. (That´s not saying much). But seriously, prospective ED50 buyers, In-focus are throwing in a Velbon tripod of some sort, so it´s a serious saving, and if you really are insecure enough to worry about the colour of your scope (joke), you can paint it, cover it with duct tape, or ask Santy for a SOC. (I still wish I´d gotten the pink one. For my petulant days.)

I have an old ED60.... it covered in black insulation tape, so I can hide the fact that its a boring green one

I think we should start an alternative scope case thread, points awarded to those with the most outlandish design!

(now where did I put that old fake leapard skin rug ..have an idea;)

M

I have an old ED60.... it covered in black insulation tape, so I can hide the fact that its a boring green one
I always think people with insulation-covered scopes look rock-hard. It makes the scope look like a weapon. Add a camo-jacket, and it just gets scary. (Then again, that´s just my perception. And I like pink scopes....)

cover it with insulation tape (not due to the colour, just for protection)

it's a steal at that price

my ED78 is covered with insulation tape to waterproof it - and it works very well. And makes me look hard apparently... :t:
Tim

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back