• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

paintings (1 Viewer)

Thanks a lot Mike

Yesterday ,I was by my girlfriend Angie (Abraxas) to take photos from the house martins (for paintings).....no way,they fly to quick :flyaway:

but the jays are posed for me :cool:

Attachments

• bilder 004_400_300.jpg
    bilder 004_400_300.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 78
  • bilder 006_400_300.jpg
    bilder 006_400_300.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 69
  • bilder 007_400_300.jpg
    bilder 007_400_300.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for your nice comments Mike and Nick,even in german :t:

I hope the pic was okay or needed it anything ?

friendly greetings Gaby

Attachments

• bilder_600_450.jpg
    bilder_600_450.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
like the birds very much Gaby...but maybe you could use more skill building in the landscape parts to help surround your lovely birds, drawing trees is really a job I think, but someone of the regulars, I forget who, here loves them and does them up royal...maybe they will speak up they have a farm they visit to draw them.

Thanks for your nice comments Mike and Nick,even in german :t:

I hope the pic was okay or needed it anything ?

friendly greetings Gaby

Very nice Gaby. I don't think there is anything missing in the picture. My advice is to just keep working. As you do you'll develop a greater flow and sense of cohesion to your pictures. It will all come with practice.

If you're not sure what your pictures need I would look at some other art and see what you like in it. That might give you a better idea as to how you want to develop your own art. Their is no one right way to do it.

Thank you for your comments Arthur,Phil ,Colleen and Soly

I am sorry, I am still rather unsafe what my pictures concerns. So ask I sometimes around a shove of the right artists to agree.:-C

friendly greetings Gaby

beautiful result - it is a beautiful piece as it is, but I do also agree with Coleen that considering the landscape as part of the picture should be the next step to take.

Give me a Jay, and I can see nothing else!

Sometimes a lack of background is of no importance. Just the feel of it. An atmosphere. A mist. An indefinable fog of colours. As long as the subject and its immediate surrounds please, why shouldn't the background lose out?

If you look at my stuff, you will see what I mean. Then, I am a great fan of impressionism! ;)B :)

Well done! And you have painted brown jay eyes, a sign for adult birds. I wish I would have so much time for painting; my "big five" ( and my client) are waiting so long now....
I hope I´ll find the time today.
I love your jays, and >Hemdchen< (that means Little Shirt) you have painted really well. I think, Hemdchen is most painted and most posing for photographs jay-modell. Three years ago she was imaged in full length into the German magazin >GEO<.
Gaby, it has been funny how Hemdchen likes to be fotographed, she is a real topmodell:)) So you can watch her and take photos without any problem while she is sitting on her well.
I´ll try to make some photos from the housemartins,they are used to see me and I´ve reared them by hand.
Angie

I believe I know what Colleen and Nick mean, the scenery is too stiff, not realistic, in contrast to the birds.
Then it would better , to paint as it describes Phil.
I must still find my way.

Thank`s to you very much!

Thank you Angie,

however, your jays also are fantastically as a motive.
Time becomes scarce with me now also again.

friendly greetings Gaby

If you enjoy what you paint Gaby, it will please everyone!

Love for a subject is EASILY TRANSLATED! ;)

yes...absolutly.....I love it...

simple statement from you Phil,thanks that you remind me

Attachments

• 518723.gif
    518723.gif
    31 KB · Views: 112
  • 537149.gif
    537149.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 111
Regarding what has been sayed about the background, I couldn't agree more with Phil. I think the use of the white empty page could be used to give space for the viewer's imagination as well as mine. It is a bit like the use of silence in music, someone (a musician) once told me that silence in music IS music. I can see a great similarity with visual art as well. It is also a matter of taste. Maybe the key is to find a balance between what you want to say and what you want to leave to imagination.

mille grazie for your comment Matteo,

I believe I know what you mean, however, must still think about it,how I move it

maybe I also think too much, instead of laying my feeling in the drawings

:brains:

friendly greetings Gaby

let`s try it again :hi:

and the cockatoo ? hope that is right was at first

Attachments

• bilder 002_600_450.jpg
    bilder 002_600_450.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 64
  • bilder 003_600_450.jpg
    bilder 003_600_450.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back