• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Latest Windows update issues (1 Viewer)

Hi Delia, yesterday was Microsofts "update Tuesday". My W10 pc and laptop were both updated (with no probs).

Perhaps this is what caused your problems. Try rebooting next time it plays up, this can help complete the updating process.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Though I do switch off at night and re-boot in the morning.

That might also mean that it was busy downloading when you had started it this morning, and that could be part of the reason why it was acting up. I have just been through getting series of updates on a PC that has been without internet for 1.5 years, imagine the time used for waiting for downloads before it functions normally ...

Niels

Normally, if there's any updates, it does them before actually closing down. I just let it get on with it and go to bed.

I would never switch off while it was working on updating.

What I said is that you might have turned it off just before it started doing the updates or after it started but before you knew about them and that it continued when you started the computer next morning. Even downloading before installation starts can be disruptive for the function of the PC

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back