View Single Post
Old Wednesday 20th June 2018, 01:17   #6
rylirk

June 2: Isle of Portland, UK

Decided to experiment with how far I can reasonably get on public transport in a day: I think Portland was a new record for me (or at least on par with Eastbourne). No particular target in mind although, while preparing for the trip, I saw a rosy starling had been reported; naturally, this was my first port of call. Stopped at Chesil beach on the way back to find another one of my bogey birds: a bar-tailed godwit at last!

191. * Razorbill
192. * Common Murre
193. Rosy Starling
194. Little Tern
195. * Bar-Tailed Godwit

June 10: Seaford & Brighton, UK

A morning at Cuckmere Haven (which produced a fabulous group of oystercatcher fledgelings but nothing new for the year list), spent the afternoon visiting nesting seabirds on the East Sussex coast. A lot more Kittiwakes than when I visited last year and, after considerable effort, I did manage to find a fulmar nest near Brighton.

196. Black-Legged Kittiwake
197. * Northern Fulmar

June 16: Lyme Regis, UK

Having discovered 2 weeks previous that I could get to western Dorset for a day trip, the natural next step was to finally go and seek out the dippers on the River Lim in Lyme Regis.

198. * White-Throated Dipper

June 23: Selsey, UK

Great day at Selsey, including this year's second sightings of Red-Legged Partridge and Little Ringed Plover; also an unexpected cuckoo! One year tick.

199. Green Sandpiper

June 24: New Forest, UK

Spent a long time failing to locate a goshawk or honey buzzard...

200. Spotted Flycatcher

June 30: Elstead, UK

Another twitch, this time for 'Si' the shrike at Thursley NNR. Beautiful bird that showed very well!

201. * Red-Backed Shrike

Total additions in June: 11
Total lifers in June: 3

Last edited by rylirk : Tuesday 9th October 2018 at 12:55.