• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2019 (3 Viewers)

An overnight arrival of several scruffy adult Chiffchaff (one even singing a bit), the first Pied Flycatcher of the autumn and best of all, a pristine young Bonelli's Warbler, the first autumn Bonelli's I've seen here since we moved in in 2016.

An incredible fly past this morning:

74: SNIPE

Just keeping me in the running.

Ooh nice one!!!

Another one here, but I'm clutching on these days.
76 Wilson's Warbler first time in the garden since 2016.

(Also a lifer Red-necked Phalarope whilst kayaking from home yesterday, now if I catch that one flying past the window you'll hear the squeals from there!)

77 Yellow Bellied Flycatcher soon after the Wilson's warbler. Sat outside my upstairs window very graciously for a minute or two.
So many warblers through at the moment, lovely.

After a heavy night of migration, early this morning I heard multiple

84. Veery (yard lifer)

flight calls before sunrise. Again, this is a long overdue yard bird because of flight calls! I hope to get Swainson's Thrush and a couple other goodies in this way.

77. Bullfinch.
2 juvs feeding in the trees at the back of my house.
Breed locally but hardly ever get them in or from the garden.
Bonus 👍

They must be increasing! :eek!: my 4th in as many years, and on a grey day, no.81.

Attachments

• P2040039.jpeg     Grdn.Osprey (my 4th overall) 1..jpeg
    P2040039.jpeg Grdn.Osprey (my 4th overall) 1..jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Two blue tits on a tall leaf plant on my patio 7.30 this morning soon after saw a coal tit, then since seen several green finch very unusual to see tits and finches in my garden in september. Weather lovely hot dry and very clear since tuesday until probably rain monday

Snap!! Just had an

OSPREY go west !!!!!

G-r-r-r-r.....;)

Two blue tits on a tall leaf plant on my patio 7.30 this morning soon after saw a coal tit, then since seen several green finch very unusual to see tits and finches in my garden in september. Weather lovely hot dry and very clear since tuesday until probably rain monday

I still need Greenfinch Brenda....:eek!:

September 15th.

70. Chiffchaff - 2 a few minutes apart, with tit flocks

Must admit I didn't realise this was new for the year until eBird told me.

Steve

Need both!....but don’t need Greenfinch anymore, two North at 9am. no.82.

Crikey, Ken, I've had over a hundred go through in the last week or two. And Greenfinches daily.

You're still way ahead of me, despite this being my best year.

Last edited:
Crikey, Ken, I've had over a hundred go through in the last week or two. And Greenfinches daily.

You're still way ahead of me, despite this being my best year.

Yes H, it’s another anomalous year for me for a number of species, also been my best year for being so far ahead at this time compared to previous years, Yellow Wag. and Mipit are not annual flypasts for me here...here’s hoping. :t:

Viz migging this morning, and, amongst the Meadow Pipits:

76: Yellow Wagtail

sails past in the sunshine!

I hadn't heard the term 'viz migging' before, google has led me to a blog (which is likely one of you guys), and now I find that I am a practised viz-migger, and never knew it!

Does the term have an origin story?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back