• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greater Roadrunner (1 Viewer)

Bill Sumrall

Returning from town today, saw a Roadrunner as we crossed the railroad tracks. Had camera so stopped and took this thru the window. Figured he'd run if I got out.
RoadRunner_2.jpg

rail runner?

Nice one Bill:t:
waited ages once at some cactus centre in Phoenix Arizona to see one, but he never showed up!!!

steve

Road Runner

Great shot Bill

I have only seen the cartoon version and I liked Dave's comment of Meep!Meep!.

Roy.

I love those birds! Used to have them bustling by my sliding glass doors in Fletcher Hills over looking El Cajon Valley (San Diego). Quail familys would parade by, and the squirrels used to press their noses against the glass and knock for a few scraps. A rattle snake or two would wiggle by and one actually was at our front door, but I would not let him in!!

o:)

That's one fabulous shot, Bill - well done!

Ironic the Roadrunner should be sitting on railroad tracks - just waiting for cartoon Wile E Coyote to come bombing along on an Acme Rocket Sled!

:t:

Good catch Bill, they are lighting fast usually. They have moved into Arkansas, but I think a real bad winter kills them out. The are bad on quail populations as they eat their eggs.

Great picture, I searched for ages when I was in the States and never caught up with one of these, just being in the right place at the right time I guess.

very jealous in the UK

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back